Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Is a Form 990-T required for health care credit?

IRS announced that nonprofit organizations will be required to file Form 990-T to claim the refundable health care credit. Form 990-T will be required even if the organization does not have unrelated business income (the usual use of Form 990-T). Form 8941 will assist nonprofit organizations in calculating the credit.

Passed in March 2o10, the credit is designed to provide encourage smaller organizations to offer health insurance as a fringe benefit. The credit does not apply when an organization has 25 or more full time equivalent employees or if the average full time employee wage exceed $50,000.

More at http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=227404,00.html


  1. Frank -- Some of our leadership are wrestling with the moral/political/ethical questions related to this tax refund. Do you have some thoughts regarding these types of questions or could you point me to someone who might?

    Dave Davis

  2. You can find a fillable Form 990-T and any other tax forms you need at PDFfiller.com
    You can edit your PDF form, fill the text fields, add a variety of checkmarks, digitally eSign the PDF form and even add pictures. After your PDF form is completed, it can be printed, emailed, faxed or saved on your computer. You can even send fillable PDF forms to your customers, employees, vendors and partners